An independent review of your legal bills
Attorney fees for your family law case can easily exceed $400 an hour. At that price doesn't it make sense to have an independent audit ? A legal bill review is exactly what the name implies. We take a look at your attorney's fee agreement and compare it to your billed invoices. We then compare the practices found on the invoices and compare them to the guidelines set by the American Bar Association. The invoices are checked for mathematical accuracy. We then highlight any variations and provide you with a detailed line item report. We offer a free evaluation of the first monthly invoice...
Why do I need an audit ?
If you are not comfortable with the attorney fees that have been billed in your case, your first step would be to discuss any issues with your attorney.
However if for some reason, you choose not to take that step on your own, or if you would simply like a second opinion before you discuss the matter with your attorney, contact us. Let our firm provide you with information that can help you better understand your bill.
Statistics show that invoices can include mistakes. And these mistakes add up. Family law attorney fees, according to one source, can average over $300 an hour. Here are a number of examples of mistakes found on attorney invoices:
1. Hourly rate on invoice does not match retainer agreement
2. Mathematical errors
3. Block billing
4. Bill padding through excessive minimum increments
5. Rounding up time estimates (i.e. 3 hrs instead of 2.8 hrs)
6. Lack of specific description of billing tasks
7. Billing for administrative services that greatly exceed the actual cost.
8. Attorneys billing for paralegal work
We have provided more information on our ATTORNEY FEE NEWS page so that independently you can research the issue of attorney billing errors.
How it works:
1. After reviewing your family law attorney fee invoices, you decide that you would like a second opinion.
2. Upload a copy of one month's invoice, along with
your retainer/fee agreement and either:
email to : email@example.com
3. Within 5 days we will provide you with a free evaluation via email.
4. If you decide to take no further action, your evaluation is absolutely free with no obligation.
5. If you would like an analysis of additional invoices, simply forward them to our attention. We will
provide a line item analysis of problematic billing
6. The cost of the evaluation is $25 for each additional
invoice. Payment is made through PayPal.
7. Within 5 days we will provide you with a documented review of your additional legal bills.
Our evaluation contains a comprehensive analysis to help you
verify the accuracy of your legal bills.